Tuesday, July 14, 2020

2020.07.14. Next Drive is ready.

Made next drive yesterday, patinated it, sanded it today and here it is. I continue to learn how the patination works.
Leaved all parts in the jar for 9 hours, noticed that the liquid got some bluish color. I think it's time to use fresh liquid.
How it looks after about an hour of sanding. Maybe I have sanded it too much... Or, maybe not. Don't know, I still learn.
The same Kingston DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 drive inside new case. Hmmm... don't like this bluish color... Will change the liquid next time.

Now 3 drives are made, will make more, want to learn how to make such design a bit more. I almost got to learn how to make the caps, still need to do the same with drive cases.
Not much exterior details here but my possibilities to make something are very limited. So, it is as it is.
Seems, need to work more on the fans, on the blades, to add something different in details...
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment