Monday, April 3, 2017

2017.04.03. Steampunk USB Flash Drive №33.

    Next Flash Drive almost finished, it needs a cap. The same tube design, removable Kingston DataTraveler SE9 used with capacity of 16GB with USB 2.0.
That's one of my favorite flash drives which I use in my Flash Forms. Not so expensive, good construction.
Copper tube was used for the main case, then a part of water supply tube coupling, some brass spacers for decorating. Copper wire, copper 2 mm thickness. All parts were soldered with soft solder.
Disassembling is easy, without a screwdriver, simply unscrew two valve imitating screws and that's all.
Due to it weight and dimensions it's need to be used with extension cable, thought it doesn't fit in any USB connector directly.
It's not polished, some parts only, but not for a shiny level, I don't like such "shining bright like a diamond" things.
    So, it's time to make the cap is needed but I don't know when I will be able to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment