Tuesday, June 26, 2018

2018.06.26. Steampunk Flash Form №46.

My second try to make Steampunk Flash Drive of the Cross shape. Bought PNY flash of 64GB USB 2.0. in metal case for this.
Very suitable design for my purposes, then it small enough, no need to remove the drive from the case, simply it's need to remove this handling thing on the top and that's all.
That's what I made from the form above. With some mistakes of course, just few are but they are. I will correct them in the next cap, which I want to build already but it will be some when later probably.
Nothing very special here, just several parts for exterior, don't have any gears, found just one small, don't have more.
The back side is simple too without anything on it. The cap is made from hard old brass from soviet times 2.5 mm thickness. Everything was hand made, no cutting machines was used. Drive's case is made from copper tube for water supply as always. It's possible to disassemble it it there is a need.
Wanted to make something like Pendant which can wear with the chain but not sure now it's a good idea with this thing.
From the other side, I don't have any girl to gift it. Just tried to make something similar to the pendant which I made earlier but more simple and a bit different. That's all for now. Busy with other flash drives so will post next projects as they will be done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment